Advanced

Frances' List

Posted by Frances 
Frances' List
April 23, 2018 12:56PM
african violets - plant or just a leaf
Re: Frances' List
April 23, 2018 06:09PM
I have an African violet that produces pink, fluffy flowers. For the leaf, do I just cut it off the day of the swap? Any particular leaf?? Let me know what to do, and I’ll bring it for you.

Thanks
Jacie
April 23, 2018 06:25PM
oh wow, that would be great! just gently break off any leaf that won't hurt the looks of your plant. i have a bluish purple I could bring you a leaf of or start for you for fall swap if you'd like?
April 24, 2018 07:32PM
I have 4 different colored violets. White/Pink Double, Purple Double, deep pink and one that is suppose to be white double (but hasn't bloomed here yet)
April 25, 2018 02:23PM
Samantha - any of those would be great! What can I bring you?
April 26, 2018 12:12PM
How about thr old fashion Dianthus
April 26, 2018 06:12PM
absolutely!
April 27, 2018 07:02AM
Hi! I don’t have a good spot for another violet, but thank you. I’ll bring the leaf for you.

Thanks
Jacie
May 05, 2018 02:39PM
Frances:

I went to the Blount County Master Gardeners' Annual Plant Sale this morning. I've been wanting an African Violet toosmiling smiley.
Anyway, there were several left when I got there, but all of them (not the same as each other from what I could tell) had a question mark beside Color: on the label. I bought one as they were only a couple of dollars and it looked very healthy.

Since we are so close to the swap, i am going to bring it to swap as is in the pot and you can cut off a leaf or we can split it or whatever you want. We will have to be surprised about the color eye popping smiley
May 05, 2018 05:27PM
Thanks Kim, but I dont want to take from it if it is too small.
May 10, 2018 07:58PM
Frances,

Well, when I moved it out of the car I noticed one of the leaves had fallen off and then when I put it out on the porch for safe-keeping another couple of leaves fell off. So I'm just going to stick them in a little plastic pot with decent soil and bring them to you. Maybe they will take!

~Kim
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.