Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Leigh have list 9/30/18

Posted by cheeklc_2000 
Leigh have list 9/30/18
September 03, 2018 12:17AM
FALL
1. Sedum rupestre. Blue Spruce stonecrop is a low growing trailing variety with spectacular bluish foliage with conifer-like leaves. Full sun. Star-shaped flowers are usually in clusters or sprays that often change color throughout their bloom time. –2 4”pots

2. Sedum tetractinum. Coral reef stonecrop, a perennial, flowers in the summer after it has matured. It is basically quick growing ground cover that is beautiful and changes color depending on how much sun it gets. Will send a generous amount with roots. Very easy to replant. Full sun. Star-shaped flowers are usually in clusters or sprays that often change color throughout their bloom time. –2 4”pots

3. Rudbeckia triloba, Brown eyed Susan with short petals. This perennial wild flower is native to east Tennessee and North Caroline. H 2'-5', loves moist soils in full sun to part sun. Brilliant yellow flowers with black centers in July/August- September/October. Three-lobed leaves. Attracts butterflies and blooms until freeze. My original plant was a rescue by the local sunflower association and I have loved it. It may not bloom the first year, but is a champion bloomer in the fall once established – 3 1gal pots. I can dig up more. SUZANNE

4. Rubus occidentalis “Jewel”, Black Raspberry/Blackcap. I bought canes two years ago from an Ohio nursery and they are fast growing. I remember Blackcaps from my Aunt’s garden in Washington state and have never seen them in a store. When the raspberries turn black, they are sweet, are seeder than red raspberries, and smaller than commercial red raspberries. "Jewel" was bred in New York and named in 1973; it is slightly late in ripening and is one of the most disease-resistant varieties. Bristol is one of its parents. My Knoxville plants fruited in the first week of June. The canes have plenty of thorns. – 3 6”pot each cane has a healthy root system. SUZANNE

5. Allium tuberosum. Garlic chives can be aggressive growers. They are easy to control if you don’t let them go to seed. These are nice in saute with a mild flavor. Each pot has several seedling plants. – 3 4“ pots

6. Aloe Vera is a succulent plant species of the genus Aloe. Aloe is a primarily house plant in Tennessee, because it is intolerant of heavy frost and snow. I like it in the kitchen to treat burns and one of the best house plants for filtering air. In pots, need a well-drained sandy soil, sunny location, and not much water. – 4 4“ pots.

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2018 07:15AM by cheeklc_2000.
Re: Leigh have list 9/12/18
September 24, 2018 08:06PM
Leigh, I don't know why no one else is posting this year. We do have some lookers and quite a few people on Facebook that say they are coming. If you don't get a response, don't give up. Just bring what you have to the swap. I am pretty sure we will have at least 20 swappers. Our average for fall swaps is about 25 to 30 (last year 27, year before 31).
September 28, 2018 04:10AM
I plan on coming.
Thanks Leigh

Brandon7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Leigh, I don't know why no one else is posting
> this year. We do have some lookers and quite a
> few people on Facebook that say they are coming.
> If you don't get a response, don't give up. Just
> bring what you have to the swap. I am pretty sure
> we will have at least 20 swappers. Our average
> for fall swaps is about 25 to 30 (last year 27,
> year before 31).
September 29, 2018 09:10PM
I would LOVE some black raspberry.

I would also love rudbeckia triloba.

I just posted my list and would love to trade. I’ll also check your want list.

Suzanne
Re: Leigh have list 9/12/18 Black Raspberry & Rudbeckia Triloba
September 30, 2018 07:12AM
Black Raspberry & Rudbeckia Triloba are yours. I would love a Purple coneflower.

Suzanne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would LOVE some black raspberry.
>
> I would also love rudbeckia triloba.
>
> I just posted my list and would love to trade.
> I’ll also check your want list.
>
> Suzanne
Re: Leigh have list 9/12/18 Black Raspberry & Rudbeckia Triloba
September 30, 2018 08:31AM
Thank you!
Re: Leigh have list 9/30/18
October 05, 2018 05:05PM
I would liktove a black raspberry if you still have some available. I didn’t think I would get to come tomorrow and this afternoon plans have changed and I will be there. Just now getting things to bring so probably won’t have my list posted
Re: Leigh have list 9/30/18
October 06, 2018 08:46AM
Would love some sedum

Have hen and chicks and basil to trade
and new gardening gloves
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.