Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Leigh's Have List

Posted by cheeklc_2000 
Leigh's Have List
September 04, 2019 09:30AM
FALL 2019

P1. Sedum rupestre. Blue Spruce stonecrop is a low growing trailing variety with spectacular bluish foliage with conifer-like leaves. Full sun. Star-shaped flowers are usually in clusters or sprays that often change color throughout their bloom time. –2 3”-pots

P2. Sedum tetractinum. Coral reef stonecrop, a perennial, flowers in the summer after it has matured. It is basically quick growing ground cover that is beautiful and changes color depending on how much sun it gets. Will send a generous amount with roots. Very easy to replant. Full sun. Star-shaped flowers are usually in clusters or sprays that often change color throughout their bloom time. –2 3”-pots

P3. Rudbeckia triloba, Brown eyed Susan with short petals. This short-lived (3-5 yrs) perennial wild flower is native to east Tennessee and North Caroline. H 2'-5', loves moist soils in full sun to part sun. Brilliant yellow flowers with black centers in July/August- September/October. Three-lobed leaves. Attracts butterflies and if cut back, will blooms until a freeze. My original plant was a rescue by the local sunflower association and I have loved it. It aggressively reseeds. All the plants that I dug up should bloom next year. – 2 4" pots. I can dig up more.

P4. Rubus occidentalis “Jewel”, Black Raspberry/Blackcap. I bought my canes a three years ago from an Ohio nursery and they are fast growing. I remember Blackcaps from my Aunt’s garden in Washington state and have never seen them in a store. When the raspberries turn black, they are sweet, are seeder than red raspberries, and smaller than commercial red raspberries. Jewel specialty was bred in New York and named in 1973; it is slightly late in ripening and is one of the most disease-resistant varieties. Bristol is one of its parents. My Knoxville plants fruited in the first week of June. The canes have plenty of thorns. – 2 6”-pot each with a healthy root system

P5. Sedum rupestre. Angelina stonecrop, a perennial. Brilliant chartreuse-yellow, needle-like foliage forms a quick groundcover. Adds cheery color to containers, dry slopes and flowering borders. Excellent for use as year-round coverage for beds with spring bulbs. In winter, foliage turns orange. –2 3”-pots

D5. Hemerocallis, Daylily. Tall orange flower blooms late spring; perennial; loves sun. – 4 4" pots dlundy51@yahoo.com

D4. Galium Odoratum, Sweet Woodruff. A medicinal plant and ground cover with white flower that bloom in mid-spring. The perennial prefers shade and will go dormant in the heat of the summer. – MaryS

D7. Marjoram. A cooking herb is a great ground cover that is a milder-tasting cousin to oregano. This perennial plan loves sun or shade. – 4" pot MaryS

=======================

Below are plants that are not in pot yet, but I have plenty available if you request them:

D1. Allium tuberosum. Garlic chives can be aggressive growers. They are easy to control if you don’t let them go to seed. These are mild flavored in saute. –

D2. Aloe Vera is a succulent plant species of the genus Aloe. Aloe is a primarily house plant in Tennessee, because it is intolerant of heavy frost and snow. I like it in the kitchen to treat burns and one of the best house plants for filtering air. In pots, need a well-drained sandy soil, sunny location, and not much water. –

D3. Geranium ‘Lemon Scented’. Perennial. Lemony scented when crushed or watered. Pink flowers for two to three weeks in the Spring after the tulips have blooms. Loose roots that are great for covering bulb beds. In spring it raises up to 18-24”. In the fall receeds back close to the ground and the leaves turn red. No fuss ground cover and very few weeds. Partial to Full Shade. –

D6. Helleborus orientalis, Lenten Roses. A friend shared this great shade perennial with me and now I have baby plants that I can dig up. The baby plants should bloom next year. This perennial loves the shade and the leaves will burn in the sun. It has the first flower to bloom in February (during Lent) and the blooms last through April and part of May. The flower color is a muted rose/burgundy and turns off white at the end of bloom season. –

D8. Oregano. A cooking herb is a taller ground cover that is a stronger tasting cousin to majoram. In the summer, it blooms with 1.5-2’ stalks that dry and look nice over winter. This perennial plant loves sun or shade. –

D9. Rudbeckia hirta, Black-eyed Susan with long yellow petals and black centers. This perennial wild flower is native to North America and beyond. Grows 24-30 inches high, slowly spreading to at least 2- 3 feet wide. Adaptable to a wide range of soil types and is fairly drought tolerant. The only maintenance Black Eyed Susan requires is a quick trimming of the dead flower stalks during the fall. Full sun to part sun. It has alternate, mostly basal leaves 10–18 cm long, covered by coarse hair, with stout branching stems and daisy-like, composite flower heads appearing in late summer and early autumn. Attracts butterflies. It is a well behaved and spreads slowly by root. –

D10. Sedum various species. These hardy small stonecrops die back in the winter and reappear in spring. I have collected many varieties that I have not identified - red veins with green leaves and a yellow flower, green and white, etc. –

D11. Achillea millefolium, Yarrow – white, yellow, and pink varieties. These great spring/summer blooming perennials with a gray feathery foliage loves the sun. It can take some shade. The foliage lasts all winter. The white flowering plants are the most aggressive spreader. You need to cut off the dead blooms to keep it blooming all summer. –

I am interested in Sedums (stone crops), herbs, and native flowers for pollinators. I look forward to trading with you. Thanks, Leigh

TRADE List
Ronnie - Some coral reef and ruby mantle sedums from the spring swap if you are coming to the fall.

MaryS - D4 Galium Odoratum, Sweet Woodruff. D7 Marjoram.

dlundy51 - D5 Hemerocallis, Daylily.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2019 01:07PM by cheeklc_2000.
Re: Leigh's Have List
September 21, 2019 01:07PM
Would love to have some daylily.
September 24, 2019 02:59PM
D5. I dug up some orange double lilies for you.

dlundy51@yahoo.com Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Would love to have some daylily.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2019 09:16PM by cheeklc_2000.
September 30, 2019 02:53PM
Leigh, I would love some sweet woodruff and marjoram. I will have something for the swap but not sure yet. I will bring leaves for you
Re: Leigh's Have List-marjoram and sweet woodruff
October 02, 2019 05:43AM
D4 & D7. I'll dig some up.

MaryS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Leigh, I would love some sweet woodruff and
> marjoram. I will have something for the swap but
> not sure yet. I will bring leaves for you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2019 06:19AM by cheeklc_2000.
October 02, 2019 10:50AM
hi leigh
I will not be able to attend Saturday as hubby will be working Uber and we only have one car. I’d love to meet up with you, tho, if possible? I have multiple houseplant cuttings of different trailing Philos or some seeds like coneflower if you’d like to trade for some of those. Wish I could come, but he drives on game days because it’s so busy downtown. Lol
If you think we could meet, you’re welcome to email me at: ronnieplain@gmail.com
Just message me here in case any emails go to my spam folder. Lol
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.