Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Seedlings?

Posted by salviaflower 
Seedlings?
February 05, 2020 10:51AM
Hello! I am new to the area....just moved to Campbell County in September. I had to leave behind nearly all of my plants in NC. sad smiley I am winter sowing, though, and can bring seedlings. It’s easy to grow extras of those. I am thinking Centranthus ruber...blanketflower...coreopsis... Dracocephalum moldavica Blue Dragon...and some different types of salvias. Probably others. They would be several inches tall. Would people want these?
Re: Seedlings?
February 05, 2020 08:32PM
Hey Salviaflower...welcome to the website. I think all of the stuff you mentioned would be interesting to me, and I think it would go over very well. I will say that sometimes I am not the best at predicting what people will want. A lot of times I bring really rare neat stuff and there's not much interest. There's also been times when I have wondered if anyone would possibly be interested in something I bring, and then people almost want to fight over it. About the best advise I can give is to bring some of each, but not large amounts.

I would be interested in a Centranthus ruber. I probably won't have my list posted for a little while, but keep me in mind if you see something you'd be willing to trade for, when I do get my list done.
February 10, 2020 08:31AM
Thanks, Brandon! I will definitely keep you in mind for one of the C. rubers. I am hoping to get a better idea of what else I can sow extra of this week. I may also bring seeds. Glad I can have something to contribute!

I probably should have put this in a different section of the forum. Sorry about that!
February 10, 2020 11:03PM
No, I think it's fine just the way you have it. There isn't much activity on here yet (still pretty early), but hopefully a few more people will see it and give you feedback. You can always edit/add later on.
April 21, 2020 09:42AM
I would LOVE to have blanketflower!! Can you bring me one? I'm with Brandon, you just never know what people want.That's why I like doing the pre-trades here. I usually just bring a few extra of whatever I've pre-traded or just whatever I need to divide for the year. Seedlings are fine. I've gotten many of seedling at the swap.

I'll get my "have" list up soon. I need to roam the lot and see what I got. BTW - I LOVE salvias. I think they are beautiful.

-Traci
April 22, 2020 07:05PM
I am going to skip this one since I am high-risk for Covid-19. I have so many seedlings, though! Lol Maybe I can bring them this fall. If not, I will sow extra again next spring. Thanks, though! ????
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.