Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Leigh's have list updated 5/7

Posted by cheeklc_2000 
Leigh's have list updated 5/7
April 27, 2020 08:45AM
Banana trees (2) that have spread into my yard from my neighbor. 3 gallon pot and 1 gallon pot. - 1 Traci, 1 Kellie DONE

Ficus carica, Brown Turkey Fig - bears fruit in mid-August through frost. 1 half-gallon pot. Nwiles DONE

Oregano. An herb, which is good ground cover, is a stronger cousin to marjoram. This perennial plant loves sun and can tolerate some shade. After a year, the plant a tall flower in late summer. 1 4" pot & can dig more– Kellie

Marjoram. An herb, which is good ground cover, is a milder cousin to oregano. I love using this variety when cooking with chicken and mushrooms. This bright green perennial plant can tolerate sun, but seems to love shade. 1 4" pot & can dig more– Kellie

Allium tuberosum. Garlic chives can be aggressive growers. White flowers. They are easy to control if you don’t let them go to seed. These are mild flavored in sauté. 1 3" pot & can dig more– 1 Traci

Stevia. This sweetener herb is lovely. I put a leaf in my tea when brewing. It is supposed to be an annual in our climate, but has come back every year for 6-7 years. 3 3"pots – 1 Traci, 1 Nwiles

Parsley, Italian flat leaf - one pot.

Galium Odoratum, Sweet Woodruff. A medicinal plant and ground cover with white flower that bloom in mid-spring. The perennial prefers shade and will go dormant in the heat of the summer. 3" pot –

Allium x proliferum. Walking Egyptian onion. Perennial onion that produces bulbs at the top and topples over and plants itself. Nwiles

Geranium ‘Lemon Scented’. Perennial with lemony scented when crushed or watered. Pink flowers for two to three weeks in the Spring after the tulips have blooms. Loose roots that are great for covering bulb beds. In spring it raises up to 18-24”. In the fall, the plant recedes back close to the ground and the leaves turn red. No fuss ground cover and very few weeds. Partial to Full Shade. 1 gallon pot with several plants – Nwiles

Maximillian sunflower, Tall 3'-6' plant with yellow daisy-like blooms in the fall, perennial. 1 gallon pot with several plants - Nwiles

Trailing Houseplants - 2 in one gallon pots. 1 Kellie, 1 Frances DONE

Ever-bearing strawberry - 3' pot Kellie DONE

Coleus 4 in 4" pots - Frances

Let me know what interests you.

Thanks, Leigh

Trades:
  • Traci- Banana tree, Stevia, Garlic Chives for Lemon balm....
  • Kellie - Banana tree, trailing house plant , ever-bearing strawberries, marjoram and oregano for dianthus and newspaper....
  • Frances - coleus, trailing house plant for strawberry begonia....
  • Nwiles - sunflower, geranium, stevia, fig, walking onion ready for newspaper and leaves.

Edited 20 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2020 09:59AM by cheeklc_2000.
Re: Leigh's have list
April 27, 2020 12:27PM
I'll take a banana

-Traci
Re: Leigh's have list: Traci - Banana, garlic, chives and stevia
April 27, 2020 02:27PM
Traci,

I have a banana tree, garlic chives and stevia for Lemon Balm.

Thanks, Leigh

Traci Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'll take a banana
>
> -Traci

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2020 11:18AM by cheeklc_2000.
April 28, 2020 10:04AM
Oh girl - I have so much lemon balm!! LOL I'll bring you some. If you have some extra garlic chives and stevia, I'll take them as well. Check out my have list and see if there is anything you want there. Where is your stevia growing that it loves it so well? Do you mulch it in the fall?

-Traci
Re: Leigh's have list - stevia location
April 30, 2020 08:51AM
Traci Wrote:
> Oh girl - I have so much lemon balm!! LOL I'll
> bring you some. If you have some extra garlic
> chives and stevia, I'll take them as well. Check
> out my have list and see if there is anything you
> want there. Where is your stevia growing that it
> loves it so well? Do you mulch it in the fall?
>
> -Traci

The stevia is in afternoon sun near the back of the house (southern exposure) and is next to a monster rosemary bush. By fall, it is 3 feet tall and 3 feet wide. I cut it back to the ground and place a pile of mulched leaves over the top, I hang up the branches to dry the leaves. Fresh or dried the leaves are lovely to sweeten tea.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2020 11:24AM by cheeklc_2000.
May 01, 2020 10:34AM
I would love a banana! A trailing houseplant, marjoram and oregano. Do you still have everbearing strawberries? I have a bag of newspaper and dianthus for you. I think I will have some leaves also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2020 01:22PM by OhDearKel.
Kellie, I have them ready for you.

Leigh

OhDearKel Wrote:
> I would love a banana! A trailing houseplant,
> marjoram and oregano. Do you still have
> everbearing strawberries? I have a bag of
> newspaper and dianthus for you. I think I will
> have some leaves also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2020 11:16AM by cheeklc_2000.
Re: Leigh's have list updated 5/4
May 05, 2020 12:29PM
Hey Leigh. If I have anything of interest to you, I'd love to get a coleus and possibly your trailing housplant. Any idea what it is?
Re: Leigh's have list updated 5/4 - francis strawberry begonia
May 07, 2020 10:20AM
Francis,

Do you have any strawberry begonia left? I have the coleus and trailing houseplant for you.

Thanks, Leigh

Frances Wrote:
> Hey Leigh. If I have anything of interest to you,
> I'd love to get a coleus and possibly your
> trailing housplant. Any idea what it is?
Re: Leigh's have list updated 5/7
May 07, 2020 11:09AM
Thanks Leigh!!!!
Re: Leigh's have list updated 5/7
May 07, 2020 11:50AM
I would love some of the following if still available: Native Sunflower, geranium, stevia, fig, walking onion. And I have newspaper and leaves for yousmiling smiley
Great. I have sunflower, geranium, stevia, fig, walking onion ready to trade for newspaper and leaves.

Nwiles Wrote:
> I would love some of the following if still
> available: Native Sunflower, geranium, stevia,
> fig, walking onion. And I have newspaper and
> leaves for yousmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2020 07:56PM by cheeklc_2000.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.