Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

hot smiley Plans for Spring Swap in light of COVID-19 hot smiley

Posted by Brandon7 
hot smiley Plans for Spring Swap in light of COVID-19 hot smiley
April 13, 2020 11:36PM
I think it's still possible to have a small and time-limited version of the spring swap, BUT we will have to do it a little different this year. I anticipate having far fewer people, and I don't plan on doing any advertisement or promotion to bring in any new participants.

I have canceled our reservation at New Harvest Park. I don't think we'll have enough people to warrant using (and paying for) the park, and, I believe the park system would likely not allow us to meet there anyway. As of now, I plan on inviting those who would like to attend the swap to my farm for a brief (probably about an hour) swap outdoors. It may not be quite as fun as usual, but I still think a number of regular swappers will want to attend.

The swap will still start at 10am, just like usual. I encourage anyone that has a table to bring it, because we won't have picnic tables like we do at New Harvest. Alternately, some may be able to use the back of their trucks/cars. We will be "social distancing" and we will be outdoors. Unfortunately, no restrooms will be available, so please plan ahead!

Please don't plan to bring tons of stuff this year, and PLEASE plan on cleaning up and taking with you everything you don't find a home for. Remember, there won't be 50+ people as there usual is, so please keep that in mind when deciding what to bring.

The address is 10122 Old Rutledge Pike, Mascot TN 37806. The location is about 14 miles (17 minutes) northeast of downtown Knoxville.

If you plan on attending, please reply below. I know not everyone that is coming will see this and respond here, but having some idea of how many people to expect will be very helpful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2020 11:36PM by Brandon7.
Re: hot smiley Plans for Spring Swap in light of COVID-19 hot smiley
April 14, 2020 07:58AM
Hey Brandon! Thanks for giving us this opportunity. I must admit I was concerned about going to the park, but this should work good. I am going to try to make it. Thanks!
Re: hot smiley Plans for Spring Swap - we'll be there
April 18, 2020 05:42PM
Stan and I will attend. We don't have much in the way of plants to swap, but I've been going through my books and have a lot of gardening books and cook books to bring along with a few odds and ends. Hope someone can enjoy them. We have a table.

Look forward to seeing everyone.

Sheila
April 21, 2020 09:00AM
I am planning on being there. I do have a table and I'll bring it. I'm looking forward to seeing your farm. I'm glad we will be able to get together in some form or fashion. It's the one event I always look forward to. I never seem to make it to the fall swap. I always have a conflict but I always try to make it to the spring one.

-Traci
April 27, 2020 02:29PM
I plan to come with my mask. I have a light table that I can bring.

Leigh
May 08, 2020 02:33PM
I’m pretty sure I replied that I was coming. I’m also bringing another member If anyone needs a mask tell them to see me I’m in silver ford truc this year. See you tomorrow!
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.