Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RESULTS---How did things go 2021?

Posted by Martharose 
RESULTS---How did things go 2021?
May 09, 2021 02:44PM
YAY YAY YAY, what a day!!

Those of us who are OGs know this was one of our biggest and best swaps. At one point Brandon had counted 85 in attendance. I think maybe as many as 10 more came in.
For our new attendees, Brandon is our leader, along with Noel, and they set up the time for the shelter, pay for the rental on it and the web site, and hope that the rest of us will help out with donations. Since I am a reporter, I help out with sending out advertisements to over 200 area media reps. All the others who attend help out by sending out messages on their social media, making announcements at work and church, and also by word-of-mouth, along with giving generously to pay the expenses.
As always, this time we had a fabulous assortment of plants and other related items. Many, many thanks to everyone. I saw books, buckets, pots, edging, more buckets, and Barrett's (my son's) carpenter bee traps. He says for me to tell you if you need carpenter bee traps to let us know; he can make more. Barrett is also in the zone of making bird houses, so, again, let us know and he'll make you one for the Fall Swap.
Many thanks to everyone for being helpful about loading and unloading items for those of us who need help. Thanks for thinking creatively and bringing a wide variety of gardening items.
A big, heartfelt thanks for each of you for your attendance, your knowledge of plants and gardening, and for being uniquely yourself always willing to help out and to share. It truly felt like a family reunion this time.
I began attending these events the 2nd year this came to Knoxville and I've never heard a negative comment. We truly have a great thing going. The future looks bright.
Now IF I can just get everything planted.
Love to all

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2021 09:17PM by Brandon7.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.