Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Leigh's Have List updated 4/29

Posted by cheeklc_2000 
Leigh's Have List updated 4/29
April 19, 2021 09:44PM
Herbs:
Achillea millefolium, Yarrow – white, yellow, and pink varieties. These great spring/summer blooming perennials with a gray feathery foliage loves the sun. It can take some shade. The foliage lasts all winter. The white flowering plants are the most aggressive spreader. You need to cut back the dead blooms to keep it blooming all summer. Used to stop the flow of blood from wounds. – Mary S (yellow and pink).

Aloe Vera is a succulent plant species of the genus Aloe. Aloe is a primarily house plant in Tennessee, because it is intolerant of heavy frost and snow. I like it in the kitchen to treat burns and one of the best house plants for filtering air. In pots, need a well-drained sandy soil, sunny location, and not much water. –

Galium Odoratum, Sweet Woodruff. A medicinal plant and perennial ground cover with white flower that bloom in mid-spring. The perennial prefers shade and will go dormant in the heat of the summer. - Pam

Marjoram. An herb, which is good ground cover, is a milder cousin to oregano. I love using this variety when cooking with chicken and mushrooms. This bright green perennial plant can tolerate sun, but seems to love shade. – 1 pot

Oregano. An herb, which is good ground cover, is a stronger cousin to marjoram. This perennial plant loves sun and can tolerate some shade. After a year, the plant a tall flower in late summer. – 1 pot

Salvia rosmarinus, Rosemary. A lovely kitchen herb with blue flowers in the spring that attracts bees. The main plant is 5 feet wide and 3 feet tall, is about 10 year, and has been cold tolerated to negative 20 degrees. - 3 small pots.

Spearmint – aggressive grower in the group. Recommend keeping in a pot or container. Perennial, but dies back in the winter. 3 small pots

Stevia. This sweetener herb is lovely. I put a leaf in my tea when brewing. It is supposed to be an annual in our climate, but has come back every year for over 10 years. - Stephanie, Pam

Native bloomers:
Asclepias, Milkweed (white/pink) - Karin, Pam DONE.

Asclepias tuberosa, Butterflyweed (orange) - Karin, DONE.

Silphium Trifoliatum, Whorled Rosinweed - native sunflower (very tall yellow daisy), very aggressive grower, late summer and fall blooms. - 1 gallon pot

Rudbeckia triloba, Brown-eyed Susan with short yellow petals. This short-lived perennial wild flower is native to east Tennessee and North Caroline. H 2'-5', loves moist soils in full sun to part sun. Brilliant yellow flowers with black centers in Aug-Oct. Three-lobed leaves. Attracts butterflies and blooms until freeze. My original plant was a rescue by the local sunflower association and I have loved it. It may not bloom the first year. When it begins to bloom, it will bloom several months and survive frost. It reseeds itself. – 1 pot Karin,

Rudbeckia hirta, Black-eyed Susan with long yellow petals and black centers. This perennial wild flower is native to North America and beyond. Grows 24-30 inches high, slowly spreading to at least 2- 3 feet wide. Adaptable to a wide range of soil types and is fairly drought tolerant. The only maintenance Black Eyed Susan requires is a quick trimming of the dead flower stalks during the fall. Full sun to part sun. It has alternate, mostly basal leaves 10–18 cm long, covered by coarse hair, with stout branching stems and daisy-like, composite flower heads appearing in late summer and early autumn. Attracts butterflies. It is a well behaved and spreads slowly by root. – Karin,

Arisaema triphyllum, Jack in the pulpit. The green and purple strip flower blooms in mid-spring. In the summer and winter, the plant goes dormant. Prefers shade –

Flowers (perennials):
Geranium ‘Lemon Scented’. Perennial with lemony scented when crushed or watered. Pink flowers for two to three weeks in the Spring after the tulips have blooms. Loose roots that are great for covering bulb beds. In spring it raises up to 18-24”. In the fall, the plant recedes back close to the ground and the leaves turn red. No fuss ground cover and very few weeds. Partial to Full Shade.

Iris, bearded. Has white flowers with a purple hue that blooms mid spring. The perennial loves sun. Pale orange - Kellie

Helleborus orientalis, Lenten Roses. A neighbor shared this great plant with me and now I have baby plants that I can dig up. The baby plants should bloom next year. This perennial loves shade and the leave will burn in the sun. It has the first flower to bloom in February and the blooms last through April and part of May. The flower color is a muted rose/burgundy and turns off white at the end. - Stephanie

Hemerocallis, Daylily. Tall orange flower blooms late spring; perennial; loves sun. –

Vegetable:
Tomato seedlings Sungold cherry- Kellie

Tomato seedlings Verona, cocktail plum -

Egyptian walking onions. I love these perennial onions. They grow bulbs on the top and then topple over to reseed themselves. - 2 gallon pots

Allium tuberosum. Garlic chives can be aggressive growers. Perennial, but dies back in the winter. They are easy to control if you don’t let them go to seed. These are mild flavored in sauté.

Fruit:
Rubus occidentalis “Jewel”, Black Raspberry/Blackcap. My plants came from an Ohio nursery and they are fast growing. I remember Blackcaps from my Aunt’s garden in Washington state and have never seen them in a store. When the raspberries turn black, they are sweet, are seeder than red raspberries, and smaller. These are 2nd year canes that should fruit this year. - Kim C, Mary S, Stephanie, Karin DONE.

Ground covers and sedums:
Variegated vinca – purple flowers in spring and green/white leaves. - 2 pots

Sedum rupestre. Blue Spruce stonecrop is a low growing trailing variety with spectacular bluish foliage with conifer-like leaves. Full sun. Star-shaped flowers are usually in clusters or sprays that often change color throughout their bloom time. – part of 4 pack

Sedum ‘Lemon Ball’. This hardy stonecrop is very similar to ‘Angelina’ but with brighter chartreuse to lime green foliage and without the orange highlights in winter. I love it in the winter when it is close to the ground. The yellow spring flowers don’t show up well against the leaves but it makes a great accent in mixed containers or border foregrounds. Drought tolerant. Grows 4-5″ high by 10-12″ wide. Hardy to zone 3. – part of 4 pack

Sedum tetractinum. Coral reef stonecrop, a perennial, flowers in the summer after it has matured. It is basically quick growing ground cover that is beautiful and changes color depending on how much sun it gets. Will send a generous amount with roots. Very easy to replant. Full sun. Star-shaped flowers are usually in clusters or sprays that often change color throughout their bloom time. –

Sedum angelina. This hardy yellow-green stonecrop is lovely all winter and has orange highlight as it turns cold. It is lovely as a slow growing groundcover or in a pot. part of 4 pack

Sedum, medium height. This green sedum is about 18" tall and has a yellow flower in late spring. I received it at a swap several years It spreads nicely as a tall ground cover and is very controllable. - gallon pot

Trades:
Kellie - Sungold cherry tomato, orange iris for herbs or veggies.

Kim C - Black cap canes for wood ash

Mary S - Black cap canes, pink and yellow yarrow for Calendula.

Karin - Black cap canes, Milkweed, Butterfly weed, Brown eyed Susan, Black-eye Susan for “Sweet Heat Hybrid” pepper and mystery Bee Balm.

Stephanie - Black cap canes, Stevia, Lenten Roses for a pepper start.

Pam - Stevia, Milkweed, Sweet woodruff for newspaper, wild columbine, and maybe a chocolate cherry tomato

Edited 29 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2021 08:57PM by cheeklc_2000.
Re: Leigh's Have List
April 22, 2021 01:19PM
Leigh: I think I saw "black cap raspberries" on here before. If you end up having an extra couple of canes, I'd love to trade for that. If you see something on my list, please let me know. Thanks!
Re: Leigh's Have List-blackcpa
April 22, 2021 08:45PM
KimC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Leigh: I think I saw "black cap raspberries" on here before. If you end up having an extra couple of canes, I'd love to trade for that. If you see
something on my list, please let me know. Thanks!

Kim,

My Black caps trade for your wood ash.

Thanks, Leigh

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2021 10:02AM by cheeklc_2000.
April 23, 2021 05:29PM
I'd love some milkweed and butterfly weed
April 26, 2021 12:03AM
Hello Leigh,
I would love to trade for stevia and pink milkweed. I just put up my have list.

Thank you, Pam
April 26, 2021 11:23PM
Hi Leigh,

I'm interested in the stevia as I couldn't get it to grow from seed this year even though I tried twice. I'm also interested in the berry cane and the Lenten Rose. I'll get my have list up within the next few days. smiling smiley

-Stephanie
Re: Leigh's Have List- Karin
April 27, 2021 06:53AM
KarinGrindall Wrote:
> I'd love some milkweed and butterfly weed

Karin,

I have you down to trade my Black cap canes, Milkweed, Butterfly weed, Brown eyed Susan, Black-eye Susan for your “Sweet Heat Hybrid” pepper and mystery Bee Balm

Thanks, Leigh

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2021 09:00PM by cheeklc_2000.
Re: Leigh's Have List-Pam
April 27, 2021 06:56AM
Ptp813 Wrote:
> Hello Leigh,
> I would love to trade for stevia and pink milkweed. I just put up my have list.
> Thank you, Pam

Pam,

Stevia, Milkweed, sweet woodruff - trade for Newspaper. And maybe a chocolate cherry tomato.

Thanks, Leigh

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2021 09:51PM by cheeklc_2000.
Re: Leigh's Have List-Stephanie
April 27, 2021 06:58AM
smnp14 Wrote:
> Hi Leigh,
>
> I'm interested in the stevia as I couldn't get it to grow from seed this year even though I tried twice. I'm also interested in the berry cane and the Lenten Rose. I'll get my have list up within the next few days. smiling smiley
>
> -Stephanie

Stephanie,

My Stevia, Black caps, and Lenten Roses for trade your pepper start.

Leigh

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2021 10:23AM by cheeklc_2000.
Re: Leigh's Have List-Pam
April 28, 2021 07:56AM
Hello again,
Thank you for trading. I just noticed the sweet woodruff and was wondering if you’d like to trade for that as well? I have my list up if you see anything you’d like.
I do have you down for newspapers ????

Thank you,
Pam
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.