Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First Timers

Posted by smnp14 
First Timers
May 02, 2021 05:05PM
I'll be a first-timer to this and can't wait to check it out! Are there any other new folks? smiling bouncing smiley

For those who aren't new, how long have you been going to these?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2021 05:06PM by smnp14.
Re: First Timers
May 02, 2021 09:36PM
I've been going since the second East Tennessee Plant Swap, back in May of 2005. It was held at the Seymour Business Park. If I calculated right this will be my 33rd swap!
May 04, 2021 11:53AM
Hey first-timer! What is your name? Look for me there!

I registered here in 2017. I don't know if that's the first time or if it's when we moved over to this new forum. Regardless, it's been a long time and I love newbies!!

you'll love it! A lot of good people here.

-Traci
May 04, 2021 01:15PM
Hello First Timer Stephanie,

I have been attending the swap since May 2016. These swappers are great folks that love plants and sharing them. I am sorry we will not have a potluck. I hope you enjoy yourself. Please come and introduce yourself.

Leigh

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2021 11:15PM by cheeklc_2000.
May 06, 2021 03:52PM
Welcome to the East TN Plant Swap! I hope you enjoy the day. There are lots of nice people who come. I've been attending for around 10 years, I think, and have gotten wonderful plants and other items.
May 06, 2021 07:14PM
Thanks! I look forward to meeting everyone.

-Stephanie
May 07, 2021 05:06PM
So happy you found us.

I came for the first time as reporter. I think about 8 years ago.
Everyone is knowledgeable about plants and friendly.

You will leave with a bounty of plants.

People share other items such as books, magazines, aprons, bags, signs, potting pots, jewelry, and more.
Re: First Timers---looking for help with history
May 18, 2021 05:46PM
Out of curiosity I am assembling a history of the East Tennessee Plant Swap. As person who has written history, it is shocking how most of us forget what we did even a few years ago.

I am particularly interested in the beginnings of the swap. Thank you, Brandon, for providing us with a date--2005. I had gotten as far back as 2008, so glad to know it began 3 years earlier.

Does anyone know how it began? I remember the lady known as Mousy. I feel shame that I do not remember her name. I think she was one of the "founding fathers." Were you? IF you know her name and her user name that would be of a great help.

I learned of the swap when I was a reporter for the Knoxville Journal Newspaper and was contacted to visit the event and write about it. Does anyone remember contacting me?

Anything you would like to tell me will be a great help. I won't use people's name or identifying info and won't publish anything, just want to have a record of this event as it is a good thing.

We are growing and that is also a good thing.

It would help with the advertising if those of us that are the "core" group, as well as newcomers, would tell me how they heard about the swap. I send out over 200 e mails before each event and am pleased to see the area media types that do post about it. Our swappers also pass the news along by word of mouth. I feel certain that draws in most of the new folks.

Well, do not mean to cause any stress. Help if you want to. Kindest regards to everyone.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.