Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Record Turnout for a Fall Swap

Posted by Brandon7 
Record Turnout for a Fall Swap
October 09, 2021 06:14PM
We had a record turnout, for a fall swap! There were 45 people and 1 dog. Thankfully the weather was great and temperatures were very comfortable.

I do wish more people had taken advantage of the pot-luck lunch. The food was really good, but a lot went uneaten. Maybe we'll skip the lunch next year. There just seems to be less and less interest in the meal. I can remember only a few years back when it seemed like the highlight of the whole swap, and people would sit around socializing as they ate.

I tried to come home with very little or nothing, but that didn't work. My begonia collection nearly doubled and I just couldn't say no to a few new types of Tradescantia. And, that's not all. Fortunately I did find homes for most of the plants I brought.

Thanks to everyone that came!

P.S. I don't remember the name of the person that brought the plants marked "elkhorn fern", but, if you got one, what it actually is (from what I can tell) is Asplenium antiquum 'Leslie' (AKA crested bird's nest fern).
Re: Record Turnout for a Fall Swap
October 10, 2021 12:36PM
Once again, it was wonderful to see everyone.

Brandon and Noel did another great job.

Many thanks to everyone who helped. It takes many hands to make this event successful and you did not disappoint.

I appreciate the way folks remembered to put a few dollars in the can.
Rental on the shelter is around $100 and there is a fee if we leave a mess.

I feel totally spoiled with the generosity of everyone who gave me so many fabulous plants, seeds, and more.

My wishes and dream came through yet again. Many, many thanks. I'm having such fun deciding where to put things.

The buckets, birdhouse, and bee traps were a good fit for this crowd.
Let me know if you want any of these. I can bring more in May.

Loved seeing the new folks; hope you will return.

Once again, Facebook seems to be the major mode for getting the news out about our group's events.
I hope each of you will watch the web site and post on your pages over and over.
We always meet around the first or second week in May and October. We added August this year; no word
if we will do that again.

Love to all; Happy gardening.
Martha Rose
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.