Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Leigh's Have List

Posted by cheeklc_2000 
Leigh's Have List
April 23, 2023 08:13AM
Herbs:
Achillea millefolium, Yarrow – white and pink varieties. These great spring/summer blooming perennials with a gray/green feathery foliage loves the sun. It can take some shade. The foliage lasts all winter. The white flowering plants are the most aggressive spreader. You need to cut back the dead blooms to keep it blooming all summer. Herb is used to stop the flow of blood from wounds (common name battlefield weed). –

Galium Odoratum, Sweet Woodruff. A medicinal plant and perennial ground cover with white flower that bloom in mid-spring. The perennial prefers shade and will go dormant in the heat of the summer. 1 pot–

Marjoram. An herb, which is good ground cover, is a milder cousin to oregano. I love using this variety when cooking with chicken and mushrooms. This bright green perennial plant can tolerate sun, but seems to love shade. 1 pot–

Oregano. An herb, which is good ground cover, is a stronger flavor and taller cousin to marjoram. This perennial plant loves sun and can tolerate shade. After a year, the plant has tall flowers in late summer. 1 pot –

Stevia. This sweetener herb is lovely. I put a leaf in my tea when brewing. It is supposed to be an annual in our climate, but has come back every year for over 10 years. –

Native bloomers:
Helianthus verticillatus, Whorled Sunflower, is a member of the sunflower family (Asteraceae) that was designated as an endangered species on September 2, 2014. It is a perennial with tuberous, thickened roots with slender rhizomes. Slender, erect stems grow up to ten feet tall. Love sun but will grow shorter in shade. Aggressive rooting system. Blooms from late July until early October.
Asclepias, common Milkweed (white) - great for monarch to lay their eggs. Aggressive root system. 4 pots-

Asclepias syriaca, common Milkweed (pink and white) - great for monarchs to lay their eggs. Aggressive root system. Will grow in sun or shade. H 4’ -5’. Tolerates any soil and dies back in the winter. 1 pot -

Rudbeckia triloba, Brown-eyed Susan with short yellow petals. This short-lived perennial wild flower is native to east Tennessee and North Caroline. H 2'-5', loves moist soils in full sun to part sun. Brilliant yellow flowers with black centers in Aug-Oct. Three-lobed leaves. Attracts butterflies and blooms until freeze. My original plant was a rescue by the local sunflower association and I have loved it. It may not bloom the first year. When it begins to bloom, it will bloom several months and survive frost. It reseeds itself. 1 pot–

Rudbeckia hirta, Black-eyed Susan with long yellow petals and black centers. This perennial wildflower is native to North America and beyond. Grows 24-30 inches high, slowly spreading to at least 2- 3 feet wide. Adaptable to a wide range of soil types and is fairly drought tolerant. The only maintenance Black Eyed Susan requires is a quick trimming of the dead flower stalks during the fall. Full sun to part sun. It has alternate, mostly basal leaves 10–18 cm long, covered by coarse hair, with stout branching stems and daisy-like, composite flower heads appearing in late summer and early autumn. Attracts butterflies. It is a well behaved and spreads slowly by root. 1 pot–

Arisaema triphyllum, Jack in the pulpit. The green and purple strip flower blooms in mid-spring. In the summer and winter, the plant goes dormant. Prefers shade –

Flowers (perennials):
Geranium Macrorrhizum, Big Root ‘Lemon Scented’ aka Cranesbill. Perennial with lemony scented when crushed or watered. Pink flowers for two to three weeks in the Spring after the tulips have blooms. Loose roots that are great for covering bulb beds. In spring it raises up to 18-20”. In the fall, the plant recedes back close to the ground and the some leaves turn red. No fuss ground cover and very few weeds. Partial to Full Shade. 2 pots -

Iris, bearded. Is white trimmed in purple that blooms mid spring. The perennial loves sun. -

Helleborus orientalis, Lenten Roses. A neighbor shared this great plant with me and now I have baby plants that I can dig up. The baby plants should bloom in two years. This perennial loves shade and the leaves will burn in the sun. First flower usually to bloom in February and the blooms last through April and part of May. The flower color is a muted rose/burgundy and changes to cream color at the end of the blooming season. 1 pot –

Hemerocallis, Daylily. Tall orange flower blooms late spring; perennial; loves sun. –

Belamcanda Iridaceae: Iris domestica, Blackberry Lily. The foliage grows to 18” tall and dies back in winter. The blooms are on 2-3’ tall slender stems in loose, branched spikes. The flowers are 2” wide with 6 flaring petals . Flower color is orange with red spots and the bloom is short-lived (a day), but more blooms are produced every day. Loves sun and can tolerate shade. 2 pots -

Vegetable:
Allium proliferum, Egyptian walking onions. I love these perennial onions. They grow bulbs on the top and then topple over to reseed themselves. -

Allium tuberosum. Garlic chives can be aggressive growers. Perennial, but dies back in the winter. They are easy to control if you don’t let them go to seed. These are mild flavored in sauté.-

Ground covers and sedums:
Vinca major, variegated with blue flowers is a species of flowering plant in the family Apocynaceae, native to the western Mediterranean. Growing to 10” tall and spreading indefinitely, it is an evergreen perennial, frequently used in cultivation as groundcover.

Sedum angelina. This hardy yellow-green stonecrop is lovely all winter and has orange highlight as it turns cold. It is lovely as a slow growing groundcover or in a pot. 1 pot – Mary S

Aegopodium podagraria L. Common names: ground elder, herb gerard, bishop's weed, goutweed, gout wort, and snow-in-the-mountain, and sometimes called English masterwort, and wild masterwort. It is a perennial plant in the carrot family (Apiaceae) that grows in shady places. The name "ground elder" comes from the superficial similarity of its leaves and flowers to those of elder (Sambucus), which is unrelated. Has a variegated leaf that dies back in the winter. It is the type species of the genus Aegopodium. Full sun to shade.

Sedum, medium height. This green sedum is about 18" tall and has a yellow flower in late spring. I received it at a swap several years. It spreads nicely as a tall ground cover. Hardy stonecrop. It is aggressive, but easy to control. 1 pot –

Sedum rupestre. Blue Spruce stonecrop is a low growing trailing variety with spectacular bluish foliage with conifer-like leaves. Full sun (but does not seem to mind shade). Star-shaped flowers are usually in clusters or sprays that often change color throughout their bloom time. – 1 small pot

Sedum ‘Lemon Ball’. This hardy stonecrop is very similar to ‘Angelina’ but with brighter chartreuse to lime green foliage and without the orange highlights in winter. The yellow spring flowers don’t show up well against the leaves, but it makes a great accent in mixed containers or border foregrounds. Drought tolerant. Hardy to zone 3. – 4 pots (Mary S

Trades:

Mary S- Angelica and Lemon ball sedum for red coneflower & newspaper.

Looking for butterfly weed, native bloomers, leaves, newspaper, compost material.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2023 08:52PM by cheeklc_2000.
Re: Leigh's Have List
May 03, 2023 07:57PM
Leigh,
I would like to get 2 of the sedums. The Angelina and the lemon ball. Check my list and let me know if you see something you want for trade. I have some newspapers for you

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2023 08:06PM by MaryS.
May 04, 2023 11:24AM
I would love to trade for your red coneflower.

MaryS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Leigh,
> I would like to get 2 of the sedums. The Angelina
> a and the lemon ball. Check my list and let me
> know if you see something you want for trade. I
> have some newspapers for you
May 09, 2023 12:23PM
Leigh,
Newspapers don’t count if you want something else. Or you can get something else Saturday. I’m still getting more plants together so im not sure what else I will have.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.