Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Leigh's Have List

Posted by cheeklc_2000 
Leigh's Have List
September 25, 2023 10:07AM
I am starting divide perennials and will add more soon.

Rudbeckia hirta, Black-eyed Susan with long yellow petals and black centers. This perennial wildflower is native to North America and beyond. Grows 24-30 inches high, slowly spreading to at least 2- 3 feet wide. Adaptable to a wide range of soil types and is fairly drought tolerant. Requires is a quick trimming of the dead flower stalks during the fall. Full sun to part sun. It has alternate, mostly basal leaves 10–18 cm long, covered by coarse hair, with stout branching stems and daisy-like, composite flower heads appearing in late summer and early autumn. Attracts butterflies. Spreads by root and seed. – 1 pot.

Rudbeckia triloba, Brown-eyed Susan with short yellow petals. This short-lived perennial wildflower is native to east Tennessee and North Caroline. H 2'-5', loves moist soils in full sun to part sun. Brilliant yellow flowers with black centers in Aug-Oct. Three-lobed leaves. Attracts butterflies and blooms until freeze. My original plant was a rescue by the local sunflower association and I have loved it. It may not bloom the first year. When it begins to bloom, it will bloom several months and survive frost. It reseeds itself. – 1 pot.

Oregano. An herb, which is good ground cover, is a stronger flavor and taller cousin to marjoram. This perennial plant loves sun and can tolerate shade. After a year, the plant has tall flowers in late summer. – 1 pot

Sedum sarmentosum ‘stringy stonecrop’. This hardy evergreen stonecrop lime-green foliage and yellow spring flower. Drought tolerant. Hardy to zone 3. – 1 small pot.

Sedum ternatum ‘Woodland stonecrop, Wild stonecrop’. The creeping stems of this rock-loving perennial usually send up a single flowering branch, 4-8 in. high, and several shorter, leafier, non-flowering branches. The succulent, light-green leaves are arranged alternately or in whorls of three. Flowers are white with five, pointed petals and occur in a three-branched terminal clusters. Evergreen. Part Shade. Low Maintenance – 1 small pot.

Mirabilis jalapa, the marvel of Peru[1] or four o'clock flower (white, yellow, pink, and yellow with pink stripes). Mirabilis jalapa was cultivated by the Aztecs for medicinal and ornamental purposes. An annual in Tennessee loves sun and aggressive annual reseeder. The flowers usually open from late afternoon or at dusk (namely between 4 and 8 o'clock), giving rise to one of its common names. Flowers then produce a strong, sweet-smelling fragrance throughout the night, then close in the morning about 9 am. Seed packets.

Asclepias tuberose, Butterfly weed (orange) – Perennial blooms orange flowers in May-July. Attacts monarchs to lay their eggs and feed their caterpillars. Will grow in sun or shade. H 1.5’ -2.5’. Tolerates any soil and dies back in the winter. Seed packets.

I am looking for shade perennials, native plants, leaves, newspaper, ash.

Thanks, Leigh

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2023 09:56PM by cheeklc_2000.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.